This year’s campaign is focused on the theme of diagnosis.
Life doesn’t stop at a diagnosis, there is still so much to enjoy!
Since our launch in 2016 we have been supporting people living with dementia enjoy the wonderful world of golf.
To date we have successfully delivered over 1000+ golf sessions across the UK, giving hundreds of individuals and families living with a diagnosis the opportunity to improve their physical health, mental health, and social wellbeing.
Our Dementia Action
We will continue to provide life changing opportunities for people living with dementia in the UK. Giving their unpaid carers the regular, reliable, respite time they so desperately need.
Benifits for our golfers
- Gives the golfer a renewed sense of purpose.
- No golf experience needed.
- Improved health & happiness.
- Improves support network for unpaid carers.
- Carers do not need to attend – providing vital respite opportunities.
- Affordable – services start from as little as £5 per hour.
- Beautiful surroundings.
- Kind, empathetic and compassionate team of volunteers.
- Backed by evidence & research
More Than A Game is the incredible short film on how golf is helping transform the lives of two ex-professional footballers living with dementia.
A simple referral can be the catalyst to transforming someone’s life for the better.