I find it incredible that more people don’t know how fantastic golf can be for your health and wellbeing.
Here’s a few facts;
- You burn 900 calories in a round of golf
- You twist, bend and stretch your body over 2000 times
- You walk 3 miles
- You make over 500 decisions
- You speak to an average of 10 people
- You socialise with at least 3 people
In summary this means that golfers benefit physically, mentally and socially every time they play.
As a society we are seeking new ways to encourage healthy ageing and increase social cohesion, surely golf has a major part to play in achieving this. The message needs to get out to more people and get them engaged with the game sooner rather than later.
However, a radical, dynamic and creative approach is required. Continuing to support successful initiatives is important, but embracing “new thinking” from outside…
View original post 33 more words